Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Advent of Trust #22; I WILL TRUST

From Dictionary.com

Trust:
reliance on the integrity, strength, ability, surety, etc., of a person or thing; confidence.

I will not trust in my car, I will not trust in the weather, or the weather man!

I will not trust in presents to make me happy.

I will not trust in my family to make me happy and give me a sense of worth.

I WILL TRUST in the name of the Lord, by whom I am saved.

I WILL TRUST in God the strength and shield of my life. He will keep me safe and preserve my life. He knows when I will leave this earth, just as much as He planned when I came into it.

No matter the weather, I will celebrate Christmas with my family in the next two days. That means, even if the weather precludes our travel to Madison to see my family, I will still celebrate with my family. Celebrate that Jesus came and was born and grew up as a man, and died and rose again as the Living God.

God is good, and in the uncertainties of life... even of these couple of days of crazy weather, I will trust in Him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Christmas, dear Heather. How grateful I am for our Emmanuel, our God with us, who has knit our lives together forever. Love to you and yours!!