Saturday, December 12, 2009

Advent of Trust #11; Step by Step

One of the things that I find myself praying is that when people look at my life, they will see a life marked out as different.

I don't know that is the case now, but I want others to see that God is my source and my comfort and my strength. I want others to see that no matter what, I trust in Him.

I want others to see what I have gone through, and what God has done in me, and choose to trust Him.

He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.

He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear
and put their trust in the LORD.
Psalm 40:2-3

I want something different for my life than to just give a "head nod" to God for helping me out of something tough. I want to sing that new song He has put into my mouth. I want to sing that hymn of praise to my God.

Nothing would fill my heart with joy, more than to sing the songs I know He is giving me. To speak the words He would have me speak. To write the words I know He would have me write. I want to glorify Him.

He is the one who lifted me out of the mire.
He is the one who has pulled me out of my shaky circumstances, and set me on a rock.
He is the one who delivers from fear.

HE is the one to fear, and in whom to put our trust.

He is the one who even gave me a song to sing. I will sing it with all of my heart.

As part of the song "Step by Step," by Rich Mullins goes...

"Oh God, you are my God, and I will ever praise you!
Oh God, you are my God, and I will ever praise you!
I will seek you in the morning.
I will learn to walk in your ways.
And step by step you'll lead me,
and I will follow you all of my days."

That's what it is. Praising Him , seeking Him in the morning, learning from Him, and trusting Him to lead me step by step through everything.... then making the choice to trust Him enough to follow Him, even when it seems like a big, dark, deep valley we are heading into.

No comments: