Wednesday, March 19, 2008

To be held...

If I Could Just Sit With You Awhile

When I cannot feel, when my wounds don’t heal
Lord I humbly kneel, hidden in You
Lord, You are my life so I don’t mind to die
Just as long as I am hidden in You

If I could just sit with You a while, if You could just hold me
Nothing can touch me though I’m wounded, though I die
If I could just sit with You a while, I need You to hold me
Moment by moment, ’till forever passes by

When I know I’ve sinned and I should have been
Crying out, “My God,” and hidden in You
Lord, I need You now more than I know how
And so I humbly bow, hidden in You


By Dennis Jernigan; ©1992 Shepherd’s Heart Music

This is what I want. To be held in Jesus arms. When I am wounded. When I cannot feel. When all I am doing is trying to numb away the hurt. When all I can think of is running. I want Jesus. I want Jesus to stop me. To stand in front of me. To wrap me in His arms. To hold me so tightly that finally I relax in His embrace. And finally let His love so deeply permeate my heart and soul, that I can’t hold back any part of myself from Him.

I want to have the courage to let go, and let Jesus flood my soul with His healing love. I want to feel His love completely envelope me so that I stop feeling afraid.

Even if it is only for a little while.

No comments: