Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Birthdays, family, and other things...

Yesterday was a fun day. Not only did my best friend stay with us overnight for two night, but my mother came up for my daughter, Marina’s second birthday. We had a full two bedroom house last night. Gwen had our couch, my mom had our bedroom, the kids were in their own beds, the cats were relegated to the bathroom (due to Gwen’s allergies) and Dave and I slept on a pullout down in the office in the basement. Yet, all of us were able to sleep well!

We went out to my in-laws farm for the actual party, and were blessed to have some of our “family” from our small group there as well. We just had a wonderful time laughing and talking and watching Marina opening gifts and starting to grasp what a birthday really is, for the first time.

Marina opened a couple of gifts, and then she was off and running after finding a couple of toys. Leaving me of course, to open the rest of the gifts! We were overwhelmed with beautiful clothes for our little girl… who won’t need any more clothes till she is almost 3!!!

On another note: I am waiting for my friend to come and take me down to my counseling appointment. She is going to drive with me there and back, so as I am dealing with anxiety or anything else, I will have someone with me. Despite my fears, thoughts, and emotions I am still clinging to the truth,

“Search me, Oh God, and know my heart.
Test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me,
And lead me in the way everlasting.” Ps. 139:24-25

He knows everything about me and will guide me and keep me safe. He will lead me through the anxiety and the other emotions. He is my good shepherd, He will lead me beside still waters, He does cherish me no matter how I feel.

God bless to all of you and thank you for praying for me. Updates after my appointment to follow

No comments: