Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Off to counseling we go...

As my title says, I am heading for counseling this evening. God has been doing some amazing things, and I am so grateful. He has really helped me work through some things this week. Revealed more things to me, showed me how He is working.

However, yesterday, I felt like the enemy was really trying to hold me back. I was having trouble remembering things, getting frustrated easily, all sorts of stuff. I had a long talk with Cindy in the afternoon, and when we were done, I felt like God really used her to show me 2-3 things that I need to start working on, and to focus on with Tricia. (More about those in another post) After Cindy prayed with me and I went home, though I was still anxious and my thoughts felt scattered, I was able to minister to my husband by giving him a break from the kids, and by getting supper ready. In all, though I was really tired and on edge from the day, it was a good evening.

Suffice it to say, I made some choices last night, and got to have the house quiet after the kids were in bed and my husband was asleep. I was awake from 11pm to 2:30am. Yes, very late, however I got a lot of praying and thinking and journaling done. I think it was productive and by the time I was done, I finally felt relaxed enough to go to bed, and actually sleep. I slept the better last night than I have in the last 3-4 days, and I only got about 5 1/2 hours of sleep. But I feel like God honored it because I spent so much time praying for people He was laying on my heart to pray for.

It was a good thing, a good night, and a good time of pure fellowship with my Jesus.

I am going to go rest now, while my kids are still asleep, and regroup for counseling tonight. If you think of it, please pray that God’s will is done, that we will be able to rejoice together in the things that God has been doing, and that Tricia will be able to help me work through some issues, or at least get me started on that road.

I promise, I will write soon, once I have processed about what we get through tonight in counseling!

No comments: