Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A Psalm and a promise...

I don’t think that I explained the significance of Psalm 30 in my counseling last week. It was the whole reason I started my “Freedom” post with it.

Last Wednesday I was sitting in the waiting room of my counselor’s office. I was reading a book and trying to relax. I usually end up there about 20+ minutes ahead of time, so that I have a chance to unplug in a quiet atmosphere and pray before going in. Tricia walked out of her office, with another client, and when she was done with them, she asked for another few minutes before I came in. So, I kept reading. The author of my book referenced Psalm 30:2, and so I looked it up, and wrote it onto a note card, actually using both verse 2 and 3.

“O Lord my God, I cried out to You, and You healed me. O Lord, You brought my soul up from the grave; You have kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.” Ps. 30:2-3


I just had enough time to write it down, and then Tricia called me back to her office. It wasn’t until the next day, probably after I had written the post, that I realized just what that Psalm said. God literally gave me a promise for the session, and I didn’t realize it until later. I am claiming that as a promise to me. I am not fully healed yet, though I just made a huge step forward, so I claim those verses as a promise to me that He will continue the work in my life, and at the end of it I can raise my voice in praise. At the end of my life, when I am truly healed and transformed into His likeness, I can say that my Savior did save me. He brought my soul up from the grave, and He has kept me alive.

I pray that my life will be a reflection of my Jesus. That when people look at me, they don’t see me, they see Jesus. I pray that my eyes will be so fixed on Him that I will be radiant and my face will not be ashamed. (Ps. 34:5, paraphrase mine) May my life bring honor and glory to my Lord and God.

No comments: