Tuesday, January 1, 2008

First time for everything...

Well, I guess there is a first time for everything. My first blog, seeing my best friend heading to Kenya… Might as well start it with a new year!

Just a quick thought for the day, as it is late and the kids always get me up so early…
A few weeks back our pastor quoted John Eldridge from one of his books, saying that “if God doesn’t take your breath away, something else will.”
‘07 has been a tough year in our family, and for me in particular. I keep struggling, does God really take my breath away? Do I really let Him show me how He is working directly in my life? Do I let myself walk beyond the curtain into the Most Holy Place, and climb up into the lap of my Father, and just rest in His arms.
Most of the time, no I don’t.
I try to do it myself, hold Him at a distance, not allow Him to touch and heal because it will hurt too much. Don’t get me wrong, I do want to be healed, and I am pressing on for the freedom in Christ that is mine. But there is that side of me that just resists and pulls away and fights me every step of the way. Sometimes that side wins, sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes I actually step back and let God in all the way, and can rest. Then I come back to the world, and wonder if it ever really happened or if it was all in my head.

And with that, for now, I am out of thoughts for the day

No comments: