Saturday, April 18, 2009

Issues...

Hi all,

I just wanted you to know that I haven't forgotten about you all. I just have been having some "issues."

I wanted to post earlier this week, well all week really, on our Chapter 4 of our book study, "An Untroubled Heart." However, other things have taken priority.

I have been getting over a cold. Earlier this week, I really thought I was over it. Then I missed a night of sleep on Wednesday... just major insomnia, and got only about 4 hours of sleep. Thursday I felt ok, but tired, and Friday I woke up to a very plugged up head. I figured it was the cold re-occurring and that with some more rest I would be ok.

I went to visit Cindy during the morning, and then returned home. By 6pm I realized that this was not a regular cold. My sinuses were stinging, and every time I moved, dizziness and light-headedness prevailed. Unfortunately, by the time I realized it, and could have gotten anywhere, the walk-in clinics were all closed.

So, I went this morning. I was right in my thinking. I have a sinus infection. Praise God I am on some meds now, but really need to get this cleared up by next weekend so I can sing without getting dizzy! Right now, pretty much any movement is making me light headed.

Then we have this issue with our cars.

Yes, both of them.
At once.

Sigh.

Dave's car rusted through the radiator. And we have been having trouble finding the right match. He can do the work himself, we just have to track down the right part. His car is currently completely out of commission.

My car has decided that it is going to smell hot, every time I drive it. The engine heat indicator doesn't go up, but when I park it, I smell hot rubber from under the hood. Dave has looked the best he can, and is unable to see any wearing or rubbing on any of the belts visible. The problem is, my car has a variable automatic transmission. So, if the belts in the transmission are wearing or rubbing, we can't see it easily because we would have to take everything apart to get to it to even look.

I am driving my car right now, though I know it probably isn't the wisest. But it is the only car working at the moment. If at some point I need to take my car in, and decide to do it this week, while Dave's is still down, we will possibly be able to borrow a car from Dave's grandmother, out at the farm. It might be the Lincoln continental, but at least its transportation.

So our house has been having issues.
All at once.

If you could pray for us, I would be extremely grateful.

In the process of all this, I am still trying to hear God's voice about working, and if so, what job, or where to go.

Did I mention I am having issues?

The pressure is on, and I am trying not to fear... this book has been a great one...
Hopefully I will be able to post a little bit on this chapter, or I will combine both 4 and 5 this coming week. If I ever have the time to read it!! I am cooking for about 15 people tonight and tomorrow, so I am busy with all of that too.

It's just after noon, and I am tired already. I have only been up for 4 hours!

Yikes.
It's going to be a long day, and a long weekend.

I appreciate your prayers and hope to write more soon.
Love you all,

3 comments:

Lelia Chealey said...

This chapter was a great one for dealing with all you are.
The pressure's on...so Who do we run to? I know for me personally, I so often just complain instead of just choosing to praise Him.

So don't be like me sister... :) Choose to praise and focus on Him, not your issues.

Blessings,
Lelia

Stacy said...

Bless your heart. Sending loving thoughts, big hugs, and special prayers to you. Times like this can be tough. Praying that you will find the ability to keep your eyes upon Him.

God Bless,
Stacy

Andrea said...

Heather, I'm so sorry to hear that you have much to deal with right now. I hope and pray, in Jesus name, you will feel much better soon, and I pray your car problems will be quickly resolved.

Difficulties as these are very stressful, but hang in there, God knows our needs before we do, and He will take care of you.

With Christ's Love,

Andrea