Ok, so I haven't done one of these in a really long time, but I thought I would join back in the fun. Each time the last month I have thought of it, it has been way too late in the weekend or into early the next week. I keep saying I will come back, but here I am and it's been months! So, here is a light post for late at night (and technically Saturday, my time!)
Come read other Friday Fill in's and join in the fun yourself!
And...here we go!
1. Apparently there's some sort of rule that spring/summer gets to tease us for months.. i.e. one day of 70-80 degree weather, and the next day back in the 40's cloudy and rainy.
2. Today was, praise God (!!!) a warm and sunny day. (and man did I NEED it!!!)
3. 2009 has had its ups and downs so far, but God has been drawing me closer and closer into His embrace, and into a deeper longing for Him and His Word. I can't wait to see what He has for me next.
4. It's like God flipped a switch and that was it. I have found it easier to memorize scripture in the past 4-5 months than ever before in my life!
5. For too long I've been living wounded, depressed and fearful. No more. God is the Great Physician and His healing lasts forever! My God is my security, strength, joy and peace. Nothing can take that from me anymore!
6. I am not obsessed with reading and writing; I am not! (Though I am working on my 25th journal since Jan. of 1998, and can read a book in one sitting, if given the opportunity... and have been known to read books in a bookstore, and never buy them cause I have read them before I leave the store... ahem)
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to listening to the rain and thunder as I fall asleep, tomorrow my plans include finishing cleaning (some) in the house, seeing my parents and singing in my choir concert and Sunday, I want to celebrate with the Lord and His people, and finish my final concert of the year singing strong and for my God!