Saturday, April 4, 2009

prayer for me please...

I am going to keep this brief, because I just don't have much energy.

I had a hard time getting to sleep last night, and then when I did, had bad dreams... bad enough that at 3am my husband woke me up, because I was tossing and turning and crying... in my sleep.

I woke this morning to a bad headache, and...

the stomach flu.

I am supposed to lead worship team tomorrow at church. We didn't rehearse mid-week because our pianist had the flu that day, so we postponed rehearsal until tomorrow morning before the service.

I have calls in to a couple of people to see if they could lead for me, and fill in. But if I don't get any calls back, I will have to be there. I will just have to show up... and pray that God will give me strength.

Of course because I am not feeling good, my emotions are running high, my whole body feels weak, and I am exhausted, but can't sleep, hungry but am afraid to eat too much.

I also am very sad, because I was supposed to go with my family to a nearby town to go bowling, and then my mother-in-law was to take the kids so that I could go out to dinner with my husband for our anniversary (it's on Monday, but we wanted to do it tonight). Well, now, our dinner is canceled. And I had to send the family off without me. At least it is quiet here, but lonely too.

Please pray that I would feel better, and fast. And that I will get a good night's sleep tonight.
Thank you so much,
Love you all,

6 comments:

Laura said...

You poor thing! I"m praying for a miracle--for rapid recovery and an amazing worship time.

Hang in there, Heather!

luv,
laura

Paula said...

Hi sweet Heather. Praying for peace, healing and strength for you. Remember that it's OK to let some things slide, even if it's anniversary dinners. Our Father is calling for you to rest yourself, and to rest on and in Him. Email me if you need to. And I'm with Laura - hang in there! Love Paula xo

Carol said...

Heather, oh sweetie, I'm praying for you right now. I received your comment via email earilier, and was praying you'd feel better. Please know that I'm praying for you and all you shared.

Lean deeply on our Lord, He's close right beside you and loves you so much. Like Paula said He wants you to rest physically, and rest in Him completely.

Love you friend,

Carol

LeeBird3 said...

Lord,

When we are weak, we are strong, for we must lean hard into your arms and depend on You. Please nestle Heather in Your arms tonight so she will wake up healed and rejuvenated. Keep her family healthy so she won't be nursing sick people all next week and her hubby won't have to miss work. Just flat out take care of Heather and those she loves. We trust you and love you, AMEN!

LeeBird3 said...

See my blog for a little present for you...love ya!

Yolanda said...

Heather, how are you feeling this morning? I echo Laura's thoughts, to hang in there, get much rest and may you feel better SOON.

Yolanda