Sunday, June 1, 2008

Things broken...

Hi there,

I have a huge prayer request.

A very good friend and neighbor, Kim, who has helped me through a lot of the things going on in my life was outside yesterday, on a ladder, either washing a window or painting the trim around it, when she lost her balance and fell off the ladder. She said to me today that “the problem wasn’t the fall off the ladder, it was the landing on the bricks that was the issue.”

She literally shattered her ankle. She had a compound fracture, and at least 11 bones broken in her ankle/foot area. She had to go in for surgery to get the bones put back together and pinned into place the best they could. Right now she has external bars, screwed into her leg to keep everything in place. When things heal enough, those will be removed, and screws will be put in, internally.

She is at great risk for infection, particularly infection in the bones because of the compound fracture.

I saw her today and they have her on oxygen because her O2 stats were down too low last night. She is on a morphine pump that she can push a button to give herself more as needed for pain. They are trying different medication to help control the pain.

She just looked really rough, and though they said that they are going to try to get her home tomorrow, she really doesn’t look like she should go home yet. If she does go home, I really don’t think that she should be alone. Her husband works during the day, and really can’t afford to miss much work, and her teenage son still has school for a couple more weeks.

If she does come home this week, I can manage to be there with her, because Dave is home with the kids Tuesday through Thursday, as long as her husband is willing for me to be there.

Please pray for her. My heart is just aching for her. She is a sweet Christian lady, and a real inspiration to me. I feel like she is part of my own family, she is that dear to me. My kids call her Grandma B. and she considers them her adopted grand-kids.

Please pray that their church family will jump in and help provide meals, and rides to doctors, and grocery shopping, sitting with her, just anything that she needs. I want to help as much as I can, however with 2 small kids and a husband of my own, there is only so much I can do.

Please, Please pray for Kim, and her family. Pray for quick healing, little pain, and that she will be able to accept help from others, which I know will be hard for her. Even help doing the laundry, dishes, cleaning bathrooms, etc. Thank you so much for those of you who faithfully pray for me. Please add her to your prayer lists as well.

God bless you all.

No comments: