Monday, June 8, 2009

i'm tired... i need to be still...

"Moses answered the people, 'Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.' "
Exodus 14:13-14

I am so tired. I really am. I am wiped out. I haven't slept well the last couple of days. I am worn out.

I am also dealing with a lot of anxiety that my medication hasn't helped.

Still struggling. Of course. surprise, surprise...

But I read this verse today from my devotional. It just struck me. I am tired. I don't have any energy to do anything. I don't have to.

The Lord will fight for me. I just need to be still.

Be still in the Lord. Let Him take care of me.

Being still. Sometimes when you are stirred up, it's hard to be still. But I choose to rest in the Lord.

My question from my devotional today was basically asking how the words "The Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still" apply to me today.

I am too tired to do anything else, but to stay still and let Him fight for me.
Please pray that I have the energy to do even that.

I have a VBS meeting tonight, and I have to teach a couple of songs there to the adult volunteers. I am praying for energy, stamina and the ability to go out in public without breaking down.

Thanks for your prayers for me. I am so praying the sun will come out soon and shine some light into the darkness.

2 comments:

Paula said...

Hi Heather! Yes, stillness is what you need. My readings have been leading me towards thoughts of surrender, obedience and silence. So...basically stillness. Without it we cannot hear His words guiding us. Rest up, stay still and silent and fill up on Him. Praying for you my friend. xo

Tina said...

Heather,

Being still kind of goes against the flow in society today doesn't it? Just like our physical bodies need sleep I think our spiritual bodies need to rest in God's tender care as well. You are running the race, so time for just being still is good. If you could send me your snail mail address I have something for you :).

my email is liltinker@cox.net

In Him,
Tina