Friday, August 20, 2010

Redeem this....

This title was borrowed from someone else.... actually from her post.

I have been reading her blog for a while now. Many of her posts stand out to me for many different reasons, and I keep going back.

I wouldn't have Lyla's job for all the world. Assessing other people's damages, losses to fires, storms, etc... to figure out how much it is all worth in dollars, and having to separate herself from the incalculable losses of things that can't be replaced......

Things that can't be redeemed....

Except by God.

Please do take a moment to read her post,

"Redeem This"

It's well worth the time.

1 comment:

Lyla Lindquist said...

Hey Heather, thanks so much for the mention here and your very kind words. It's an interesting job, you know? Never a dull day and every day is just a little bit different.

Sometimes I choose not to pay attention though, I just get in, get what I need, get out. Other days, I will myself to notice. To touch. To feel. The fire was one of those days. And wow, He was moving in the ash!

Love your new look over here, very tidy and crisp!