Friday, May 29, 2009

New update on friend...

Further update: I talked to Cindy at about 12:30 central time. She was in Rockford, IL on her way to Tennessee. She said that she talked to her sister this morning and Timothy's heart rate dropped really low last night. The doctors thought he might have a type of pneumonia where skin grows over the lungs (I don't know what that might be...) they are doing tests today to find out. Her sister Cher is very scared. Her mom also isn't sounding like she is doing well on the phone. So Cindy made the call to go down. As of 12:30pm central time she probably had 8-10 hours of driving left to do. She doesn't like driving in the dark, so continue to pray for her traveling safety.
She told me she is so thankful to know that people are praying for her and her family... and is grateful to all of you who are reading this and praying.

Dear friends, I can't thank you enough for your prayers on behalf of Cindy and her family. (see here for original email)

I just got a call from her this morning. She left a message on my answering machine to let me know she is going down to Tennessee today, to help her family. She said that nothing is getting better and if anything, its getting worse.

I don't know if that means that Timothy is getting worse or what, but I know that she needs prayer. She has been having trouble sleeping through the night for almost 2 months now. She is also working on her 8th week of waking up every morning with a headache. They haven't gone away, and no medicine touches them. So, she battles the headache all day, only to wake up with it again the next morning.

Please pray for -
Her safety as she drives
God to give her peace, and a chance to just rest in His presence while she is in the car
Peaceful relationships and interactions with her family
Healing for her mom
Healing for her nephew
Salvation for her family as well

I just keep feeling the need to cry out to God for the salvation of her mom and sister, as well as the strength and grace Cindy is going to need to take care of her family in any way she can. Her family can really "eat up" her time, and try to make her feel guilty for not helping more than she is. She knows her limits and has healthy boundaries, but being tired, and having this headache are just really hard on her. The sense I have right now is that she could just be under a lot of spiritual attack, and pressure during this trip.

Thank you so much for joining me in prayer for Cindy and her family. Praise God she and I were able to spend most of the day together yesterday, praying and sharing and working through a book we are going through together. We had a wonderful time of fellowship, tears and laughter. I am praising God that He allowed us that time together yesterday, because it originally looked like she was going to be leaving either Wednesday or Thursday this week, rather than today (Friday).

Anyway, please continue to lift her up in prayer. She and her family need it probably more than we will ever know.
God bless all of you,

I will probably not call her today, unless it is a quick one to reassure her I am praying. But I will hopefully call her in a day or two to get an update on how things are going.

No comments: