Friday, November 5, 2010

Quick Update

This is one blog post that I will NOT take a picture to illustrate!

I can now no longer say that I have never had stitches in my life.  Yup.  I had a bit of an accident today.

Marina and I were going to pick up Peter from school (early release) and were running together along the sidewalk.  Just as we came up over the curb onto the sidewalk leading down to the school, my foot either caught something or slid.  Not sure which.

I was holding Marina by one hand and as I tripped (or whatever) I went down.  Hard.  I was able to throw out one hand to catch myself, but the other was still holding onto Marina.  She was off balance and so came down with me.

She got just a scratch, thankfully.  I however landed on my left hand some, but by the time I could do anything to catch myself, I was too far gone.  I landed, almost my full weight on my chin.  I had no idea how much I was hurt till I looked around (still on my stomach) and saw my glasses on the ground about 2 feet away or so.  I got up quickly and was checking with Marina to make sure she was ok. 

As I was leaning over, blood started dripping on the sidewalk.  From my chin.  I found a wad of tissues and pressed on my chin to stop the bleeding, collected Peter and got to the car.  I drove to our friend's house close by, and she made sure Marina was ok.

Then she took me into the bathroom.  As soon as I saw my chin, I almost passed out.

Long story short, great-grandma came and picked up the kids from Sandy's house.  Sandy took me to the ER.  By the end, I had over a dozen stitches in my chin, and prescriptions for pain meds.  Sandy drove me back to my car, and I drove home from her house, ate a bit, and then took my meds and have been resting ever since.

Please pray for me that I will be able to sleep tonight, and that I will be able to play the piano for worship team this weekend.  My hand still really hurts (as does my chin).

And now, I really need to lay down... cause I am feeling light headed again.

1 comment:

mariel said...

praying you are feeling better!! heal quickly!! I also love how you have posted your year's worth of memory verses in your side bar...great idea!