Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Radiant face...

"Those who look to Him are radiant, their faces are never covered with shame." Ps. 34:5

A radiant face.

That is what I want. I so want to have my gazed focused on Him, that I shine with His presence. With His love.

I want His heart to be my heart.
I want His words to be my words.
I want His mind to be my mind.

I want Jesus to guide my every action.

I want...

What does Jesus want?

I hope that as I focus more deeply on His word, my wants become His wants, because my heart draws closer to His.

So I guess the "I wants" above really aren't my "I wants" but Gods desires for me.


I am looking ahead to this weekend at She Speaks.
I am looking ahead to see what God's desires are for me.
I am looking ahead to cling to His every word to me this weekend.

I so want to hear and see what Jesus wants for me. Even if I don't get a clear idea of what that might be this weekend.

Pray for me that I might expect great things, from my great God!

8 comments:

Unreasonable Grace said...

Hi Heather! Will see you on Friday night on the Veranda! (sounds so southern, doesn't it? ice tea with mint julip will be served!)
From your blogroll and siesta memory verse spot, looks like we frequent a lot of the same places!
Kim

Lyla Lindquist said...

Heather, beautiful, pointed post. What we want...what God wants. May they be the same. (And if not, we know which of us needs changing, right?)

God's blessings on you this weekend.

Tina said...

prayers for you my friend as you seek God in ministry. I am excited for you, He has already used you in a mighty way as you have shared your journey with so many through this blog. You have such a humble and open heart it is an example for all.

God Bless,
Tina

Paula said...

Hi Heather, praying you'll be blessed at She Speaks. I only wish I could be there too! I can't wait to hear all about it on your return, which will be new in Christ! xo

Deb said...

Blessings this weekend at She Speaks.

And sweet dreams.

Jess said...

My Precious Friend (that I didn't spend NEARLY enough time with!!!)...

What do you think? Wasn't it amazing....? Your pre-conference thoughts are so...focusing on God...and I can't wait to read your post-conference reflections...

Love,
Jess

Julie Gillies said...

Heather,

I'm SO glad we got to sit together for a meal and chat a bit...then a bit more at the airport.

You are a blessing with a beautiful smile! Praying God makes His will clear for you, my friend.

Connie Hughey said...

Glad you got home safely and that you are now with your family! I'm glad the Lord put our group together as He did...it will be fun getting to know each other. Like now...you said you have children...I did not know that. So, please tell me about them.
Thanks!
Connie